At Rapid Vehicle Management we understand the importance of regular cleaning for your PCO car. Did you know the inside of your car has more germs than the average toilet seat? Also, the boot, driver’s seat, and gearstick harbour the most bacteria. As a PCO driver, you know that your car is your livelihood. It is important to keep your car clean and attractive so that customers can feel relaxed during their journey.
Keeping your private hire car clean is essential for safety, efficiency, and aesthetics. Rapid Vehicle Management provides helpful tips to achieve this.
Clean PCO cars considerations
When you’re offering a service to the public, it’s important to make it appealing. This applies to PCO car taxi driving as well. Here are some key considerations to remember when it comes to PCO car cleanliness:
- Having a clean PCO car ensures safety. A dirty or smudged windscreen, wing mirror, and rear-view mirror can obstruct your view, making it difficult to see the road and other road users. This can lead to accidents.
- A tidy, unladen PCO car is more efficient. Dirt, debris, and excess baggage can increase your vehicles total weight making it harder to drive and increasing your fuel consumption.
- As a passenger, being comfortable is essential to having a pleasant experience. No one wants to ride in a dirty or untidy vehicle. Therefore, it is important for your PCO car to be clean and well-maintained. This not only makes the ride more inviting but also leaves a positive impression on passengers, which can result in favourable reviews and increased bookings.
How often should you clean your PCO car?
PCO cars require more frequent cleaning than other vehicles due to various factors. PCO cars are exposed to more dirt, dust, and germs and are often used for long trips. Since they are frequently parked in public places, they are also more likely to accumulate dirt and suffer damage to their exterior.
Additionally, PCO drivers and their cars are at a higher risk of exposure to germs, which can spread to future passengers and driver. Therefore, it is essential for PCO drivers to maintain and clean their cars regularly to prevent the spread of germs and ensure a safe and healthy environment for all passengers.
Helpful tips to keep your PCO car clean
Keeping your PCO car clean does not have to be a chore. By taking regular minor actions, you can avoid the larger task of having to fully cleanse your interior from a month’s worth of dirt and grime buildup. Here are a few key areas:
Exterior: Wash your car regularly with simple soap and water when possible. Consider using car wax to protect your paintwork from the elements.
Interior: Hoover and wipe down the interior regularly. Wet wipes and a normal hoover are sufficient.
Litter: Remove any rubbish from your car immediately. Check under and between the seats if possible.
Pets: Clean up after your passenger’s pets immediately. Pet hair can be a potential allergen, so remove it as soon as possible.
With the above tips in mind here are some additional steps you can take to keep your PCO car sparkling:
- Remove personal belongings from your PCO car before each shift.
- Have an aerosol room freshening spray available in case of unexpected unpleasant odours.
- Keep a small bin/carrier bag in the passenger seat footwell for rubbish and empty it often.
- Wipe down the dashboard and steering wheel with antibacterial wipes after each trip.
- Using a car freshener is advisable. Choose clean and mild fragrances. Avoid strong smells.
- Get your PCO car professionally cleaned every few months to enhance the appearance and performance of your vehicle.
By following these simple tips regularly, you can keep your PCO car clean and looking its best. In turn, this helps to satisfy passengers, encourage positive reviews, and potentially lead to increased bookings and earnings.
Owner of a dirty car? Rent a clean one!
Are you too busy to clean your vehicle regularly? If you drive a PCO car, you know keeping it clean can be a time-consuming task. At Rapid we offer PCO rentals that take away the hassle of cleaning and maintenance, so you can focus on driving and making money.
We offer a cost-effective alternative to purchasing a PCO car with benefits that include:
- Roadside assistance
- Servicing and maintenance
- Tyres and brakes replacement
Our specialist team is on hand to support you through your PCO rental and our onboarding process is straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Obtain a weekly price
- Reserve your car
- Collect your car yourself within 7 days
This article includes links to third-party websites and apps which we include solely for information purposes, there is no implied endorsement of using these resources. Clicking on links, visiting third-party websites, or downloading apps may allow third parties to collect or share data about you that is out of our control. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. We are not responsible for the availability, content, accuracy, completeness, or security of such resources. We will not be liable for direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use of websites or apps.